PAN-GRILLED RIBEYE WITH LEMON ONION SAUCE
BY OH BEE BEE
Oh Bee Bee (@honeybeesweets.sg)
A homemaker and mum of two, Bee Bee Oh is a prolific self-taught home chef and baker with a large and loyal following. She enjoys experimenting with new recipes and is among Singapore's most notable local food influencers. Bee Bee tirelessly produces high-quality, family-friendly recipes of both Western and Asian fare and documents them on her blog and social pages. She really is a superwo-mum!
The best way to enjoy QB Food’s top-quality Australian Ribeye is to simply pan grill the steaks. Here it is paired with a tangy-sweet lemon onion sauce which helps to cut through the richness of the meat and complements its flavours as well
4 one-inch thickness Ribeye Steaks at room temperature*
8 - 10 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp butter
Freshly ground black pepper
Tangy Lemon Onion Sauce
1 sprig of cilantro or parsley, finely chopped the root
1 large onion sliced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp double cream or cooking cream
1.5 tsp sugar
*You can purchase Ribeye steaks from QB Food's website.
1. Season the steaks with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper on both sides.
2. Pre-heat a non-stick pan at medium-high heat. Add a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, followed by garlic.
3. Once the pan is hot, add in the butter and as the butter begins to melt, add in the steaks. You will want to hear that sizzle as the meat hits the pan.
4. As these steaks are only an inch thick, they will cook fairly quickly because of the high heat. If you like them medium to medium rare, 1 minute on each side will do. Remove the steaks and garlic out of the pan after two minutes of searing and allow the meat to rest. Do not slice into them as of yet.
5. In the same pan, add the onion, minced parsley and more butter. Allow these to caramelise on low heat.
6. Add lemon juice and the rest of the seasonings and simmer till it thickens into a sauce consistency. Transfer to a sauce bowl.
7. Slice the meat into desired thickness and serve along with the lemon onion sauce. Enjoy!
EXPLORE OTHER GREAT STEAK RECIPES
Beef Steak Hor Fun
by Leslie Tay
Dr Leslie Tay is one of Singapore's foremost food bloggers and a highly regarded authority on local food lore. He is famous for his excellent recipes and for being a family man who shares a passion for food with his wife and two young adult children. Apart from being a popular food influencer, Dr Tay is also an award-winning food blogger, family doctor, author, food consultant, and photographer. You could call him a modern day renaissance man.
Check out @ieatishootipost’s recipe for Beef Steak Hor Fun which uses Australian Wagyu Striploin from The Meat Club.